Localnode Partners With SpamExperts
Localnode has partnered with SpamExperts to bring you Incoming Filtering, intelligent software that unobtrusively filters phishing and spyware emails, and protects your company’s email system from cyber criminal attacks at a close to 100% rate of accuracy.
A 2017 Verizon Data Breach Incident Report found that in 2016, 51 percent of security data breaches included malware and in 66 percent of those attacks malware was installed via vicious email attachments. Humans are fallible:
“The results from security-awareness training exercises show us that no industry is at 0% and the majority of industries are not significantly different with regard to the percentage of users that click on phishing links or attachments.”
Bombarded by spam and related threats, businesses need first-class email security and the obvious solution that springs to mind is to help users avoid the temptation of innocently clicking on malicious links in their emails.
How does it work?
Income Filtering stops spam before it reaches your network gates, blocking viruses, freeing up bandwidth and increasing staff productivity. It boasts nearly 100% accuracy and virtually zero false-positives.
- It supports any SMTP-compatible email server.
- It’s easy to use: purchase it via the Localnode client portal, it works with a domain you have registered with us or an external domain. Easy to set up and within minutes you’re protected. Everything works straight out of the box.
- SpamExperts use a unique, self-learning ﬁltering technology.
- A user-friendly admin interface allows you easily to monitor and manage quarantined messages. It also provides tools for whitelisting and blacklisting, attachment management and setting user permission levels.
- Spend less time tuning spam filters.
- Spam Experts offers full inbox protection against spam, viruses and malware with the help of advanced algorithms and spam pattern detection methods.
- In the event your email server is down, your emails are queued and can be accessed, read, and replied to via the web-interface. This adds redundancy and continuity to your email delivery process. More importantly, queued messages are pushed to the destination mail server when reachable again, preventing email from being lost or inconveniently bounced back to the sender.
- With Income Filtering the first line of defence on your network, hardware resources are freed up from the daily deluge of email attacks.
- Staff spend less time dealing with spam, increasing productivity.
- Competitive prices make it an affordable option for even small businesses. It’s a good deal at only $3.95/mo per domain with no limit on emails/accounts.
- Flexible reporting options (on-demand and periodic protection reports) ensure your IT security department can monitor malicious email trends and analyse potential risks. You can even enable daily reports with a list of quarantined emails and why they were quarantined.
- Reassures clients and staff, safeguarding your company’s reputation.
- Easily search through email logs for emails gone AWOL or an email you need to recall. Quarantined files are kept for 28 days by default, but you can change this. You can search for messages by subject, sender or recipient.
- Choose which extensions you want to block, e.g. files with a .exe extension.
Security specialists Kaspersky Labs found that as of March 2017, the number of email antivirus detections on machines with a Kaspersky Lab product reached 22,890,956, which is four times more than the average for the same period the previous year. The increased popularity of using spam by cyber criminals may be because in the last couple of years the developers of the most popular browsers have considered adding protection against infected and phishing websites.
Your customers and employees users are vulnerable. What is clear, incoming filtering for spam not only helps to secure your business but has knock-on benefits, like increased productivity and peace of mind.
On the Localnode portal, go to Store > E-mail Services and take back control of your Inbox.