Why Print Marketing Still Matters
Digital marketing gets all the attention these days, but does that mean that print marketing is a waste of time and money? You might think that having first class hosting with superior hardware and a superior network is all you need to succeed, but that’s an oversimplification.
The truth is that print marketing is still worthwhile. It can’t take the place of superior software, but it can certainly make a difference when it comes to name recognition and the overall profitability of your business. Here’s what you need to know.
Print Marketing Statistics
- 79% of households pay attention to print ads they receive in the mail. They may not read every word, but they at least scan them.
- 39% of households say that they have tried businesses that they heard about through print advertising.
- Direct mail marketing brings in a 13-to-1 return on investment.
- Posters and billboards increase name recognition and can lead to a 54% increase in web traffic.
In other words, print advertising is far from dead. It’s one of the best ways to increase your name recognition and attract new customers.
The Benefits of Print Marketing
Experts write about the benefits of digital marketing every day. That’s why digital marketing tends to get the lion’s share of attention and money. In fact, print advertising only accounts for about 7% of all marketing in 2019.
But that doesn’t mean you can rely on the digital world for new business. You may have first class hosting on a superior network, but that’s not enough. Here are some of the benefits of print marketing:
- Print marketing builds brand recognition and familiarity. It takes time to build trust with potential customers. Hanging posters around town or renting a billboard can help people in your area – the people who are most likely to patronise your business – to recognise you. Even if they’re not in the market for your product or service now, they’ll remember you when they are.
- Print marketing is easy to scale. Once you’ve designed a beautiful poster or print ad, you can use the artwork in other places. If your designer creates a scalable image for you – something that’s standard in print design – you’ll be able to use the same layout on billboards, posters, brochures, and even online marketing.
- Print marketing is shareable. If you focus on making your print designs both beautiful and memorable, people will want to look at them and share them. The sharing part can help you get additional exposure beyond what you might expect.
- Print marketing is nostalgic. While a lot of people learn about new products and businesses online, some prefer the “in-person” feeling of print advertising – and you can evoke nostalgia by allocating part of your marketing budget to printed items.
- Print marketing is affordable. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on print marketing to reap the rewards.
Print marketing can be a useful and effective part of your overall marketing strategy.
Tips to Use Print Marketing to Your Advantage
Let’s close with a few tips and ideas to use print marketing to promote and grow your business.
- Hire a graphic designer to create a stunning poster and have copies printed to hang in strategic locations around town.
- Are you located near a busy road? Consider springing for a billboard to attract the attention of commuters who live and work in the area.
- Turn your beautiful poster into a t-shirt. A lot of people like to wear apparel that features their favourite brands – why shouldn’t yours be one of them?
- Think outside of the box. Instead of t-shirts, maybe you should consider using your print design on another product. Examples include calendars, paperweights, rulers, pens, and coffee mugs. Don’t be afraid to get creative to spread the word about your business.
- Launch a direct mail campaign to combine with a holiday offer. People spend a lot of money at the holidays, and there’s no reason you can’t capitalise on that.
- Coordinate your print marketing and digital marketing campaigns. A design that works in print can work online as well – and you can use it to launch an all-out campaign to grow your business.
Print marketing can still provide impressive results if you use it properly. These tips will help you do that.
Digital marketing is essential, and it’s important to have first class hosting and superior hardware on a superior network. However, print marketing can and should be an important part of your ongoing marketing efforts.
In the market for first class hosting? Click here to learn how Localnode can help!