Why You Need a Hosting Provider with Around-the-Clock Tech Support
What should you look for in a web hosting provider? You might be armed with a long list of technical requirements and benefits, but if you’re not prioritising tech support, then you’re likely to end up with a less-than-satisfactory experience.
Selecting a web hosting provider is essentially choosing a partner for your website. Let’s face it, your site might have a clean and attractive design, useful resources, and be perfectly optimised. However, if it crashes or is slow to respond, your audience will find an alternative.
At Localnode, we focus on providing reliable web hosting services with superior hardware and superior software. We recognise that around-the-clock web hosting tech support is essential because technical problems don’t happen on a schedule.
What Does Around-the-Clock Web Hosting Support Look Like?
There are a lot of affordable web hosting providers out there and it can be difficult to choose the one that’s right for your website.
Let’s start by talking about what it means to provide around-the-clock web hosting support. To be useful, support should be available:
- 24 hours a day
- 7 days a week
- 365 days a year
It’s crucial to have support at all hours. You might think it’s enough to have reliable web hosting support during your regular business hours. We increasingly live in a global economy where people go online to find products, services, and information at all hours. Your site needs to be ready for traffic whenever it arrives.
While the hours of support are crucial, you also need to think about the ways you can get technical support. Many hosting providers offer email support, but if nobody is monitoring the email account when you contact them, you may need to wait hours – or even days – for a response.
In other words, you need the kind of support that’s ready and waiting for you when you need it.
Which Types of Web Hosting Support Are Best?
You need an affordable web hosting provider with reliable customer support you can count on. There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to what the ideal support looks like. You’ll need to think about your personal preferences.
Here are some types of web hosting support that you may want to prioritise.
- Live chat. This option has become the gold standard of support because it’s available all the time and convenient. You can get immediate responses to your questions.
- Email support. Many hosting providers offer email support where you fill out a form and are assigned a ticket number. Make sure that email is monitored around the clock.
- Phone support. A lot of us don’t like making phone calls, but a 24-hour phone line can be useful if you’re the kind of person who prefers direct human contact.
- Self-help options. Some technical issues can be resolved by users, and you should look for a hosting provider that offers at least some self-help options, including FAQ and resources.
At Localnode, we have recently added live chat to our 24/7/365 support to ensure that our valued web hosting clients have the reliable support they need.
Does Your Hosting Company’s Support Staff Include Trained Technicians?
Having around-the-clock support won’t help if the support lines are staffed by people who don’t understand technical issues.
The problem with some web hosting companies is that they fill their support centres with poorly trained people who can’t fix the issues that affect their clients. They’re given scripted responses that leave their clients frustrated and unsatisfied.
At Localnode, our support staff is trained and ready to help with the goal of getting it right the first time. We know how frustrating it can be to ask for help and not receive it, so we prioritise top-quality care.
How to Evaluate a Hosting Provider’s Tech Support
Before you sign on with a hosting provider, you should evaluate the support they provide to make sure it will be there when you need it. Here are some pointers:
- Read what the company says about support and see which options are available.
- Test the support if you can. For example, if you visit an affordable hosting provider’s website and they have live chat, click on the chatbox, and ask a question. Pay attention to the speed of the reply and its quality.
- Read reviews of the hosting provider and pay special attention to support. Client reviews are one of the best ways to judge a company’s service. If their existing clients have had positive tech support experiences, the likelihood is high that you will, too.
At Localnode, we provide 24/7/365 tech support that includes live chat, toll-free telephone support, and email support. You can count on us to provide a reliable and affordable web hosting you need.
Ready to get started with the last web hosting provider you’ll ever need? Click here now!